1. If a hotel room is ordered (by telephone, written, or orally) a guest reception contract is being realized.
2. The conclusion of this treaty obligates the owner of the hotel to hold the room ready according to the order and obligates the guest to pay the price for the
duration of the supply of the room.
3. If the guest does not take the ordered room, he remains legally obligated to pay the price agreed upon. The principle of reduction of damage is being applied, i.e.
can the hotelier let the room to somebody else, the commitments are reduced.
4. The hotelier has to act in good faith and should let not taken rooms to somebody else if possible, in order to avoid losses.
5. Hotel rooms are available starting from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival to 11.00 am on the day of departure.
6. Reserved rooms must be engaged at the latest by 18.00 pm on the day of arrival. If this is not the case, the hotel can have the rooms, if not a later arrival time
was agreed upon explicitly.
7. Until at the latest 6 days before the arrival date as agreed upon there are no cancellation costs.
8. Starting from 6 days before the journey agreed upon, at premature departure or with “no show” we charge 90% of the booked stay.
To avoid possible cancellation fees we recommend a Hotel cancellation insurance / Travel insurance.Only from € 6,- Simply click on the link and sign up for it now. (Agency no. HSV841)